New Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin has selected a Kentucky author’s forgotten children’s book as his all-time favorite. Read more
Category Archives: Early Literacy
Play Art is your 3 to 5-year-old’s chance to get messy and creative. Each Wednesday at 4 our programmer, Miss Amy, walks your child through a creative craft that’s guaranteed to make them smile. Siblings are welcome to attend! Read more
This month in “Connections“:
- Minecraft Club welcomes online sensation, Darkosto
- Libraries & patrons win in KY. Supreme Court ruling
- Drop Your Drawers by the numbers
- Library staff shares some of their favorite books
- ArtsWave presents Macy’s Arts Sampler at your library
- Six @ Six starts with look at “The Good Life”
- Special films nights for kids with sensory issues and the deaf community
- Read the full “Connections” newsletter
Next time you visit any of our three branches with little ones, be sure to stop by our new dramatic play centers.
Thanks to a generous gift from the Friends of the Campbell County Public Library, all three branches are home to dramatic play centers.
Dramatic play encourages kids to work together, assign roles and imagine unfamiliar situations.
The nature of the play will change frequently and rotate through our branches.
More Kids News
This is Cam’s first ever holiday season here at the Library. He decided to celebrate with these super-fun activity sheets.
If you have a young reader age 4-7, check out Growing Readers at Carrico/Fort Thomas. Read more
According to the latest data from Kentucky Department of Education, an average of 44% Campbell County incoming kindergarteners were not ready for school.
Shake your sillies out while we sing, dance, and play in this musical story time. Read more
If you are looking for some educational inspiration, check out our tips for things to do with your little reader, starring the little readers themselves.