Category Archives: Seniors
Start working on your GED by visiting our Alexandria or Cold Spring branches. Read more
Read all about an awesome new program to the library as we introduce “Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Campbell County, Kentucky.” This partnership with Campbell County schools and the Dolly Parton Foundation will give you the opportunity to sign your child up to receive a free new book in the mail each month until age 5.
Also in the September “Connections“:
- All during September, enjoy a super fun learning experience at area parks titled “Play, Explore, Build.” We will supply all the building materials and young ones will supply the creativity in STEAM building/engineering projects. There will be Play, Explore, Build sessions at Tower Park in Fort Thomas, Buena Vista Park in Newport and A.J. Jolly Park in Alexandria.
- Relatives Raising Relatives Support Group moves to Cold Spring.
- Kids can get hands-on with pop art at Warhol Wannabes at Cold Spring.
- Help your cat unwind with DIY Cat Wine at Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- YART: The Art Yard Sale returns to Newport with affordable art by local artisans.
- Teacher Supply Swap debuts at Newport the same day as YART.
- Teens can test their skills at Alexandria’s Chess Tournament for Teens.
- Read all that and more in the September “Connections.”
Get “Connections” Delivered
Take college-level courses for free with your library card. Read more
We are dedicated to providing a welcoming, healthy and safe environment for our patrons and staff. Read more
How do you make the number one disappear? Read more
Read about one quilting club’s touching tribute to a former classmate. Read more
National Volunteer Week is April 15-21. We sat down with John Brun, a volunteer at our Newport Branch, to see what volunteering means to him. Read more
We have all heard that reading is beneficial, but do you know why? We put together 10 reasons why you should read a book today. Read more
Looking for a little personal development and motivation? Take a look at some of our staff’s favorite self