All of our branches now offer curbside pickup for library items.
Curbside Pickup Hours
Curbside pickup is available at all of our branches.
Cold Spring, Fort Thomas & Newport:
- Monday – Friday
- 11 am – 7 pm
- 1 – 5 pm
- Sunday – Monday
- Tuesday – Friday
- 11 am – 7 pm
- 1 – 5 pm
Books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, video games and magazines may be checked out through this service.
How to Request Items:
- Log into your library account.
- You can call, text or email us if you need help accessing your account or placing a hold. Contact information can be found at www.cc-pl.org/ask-the-library.
- Search for an item in our catalog and click “Request Item” to place it on hold.
- Wait for a phone call, text, email or postal mail notifying you that your holds are ready for pickup.
- Follow instructions for curbside pickup below.
Picking Up Items
Instructions for Curbside Pickup:
- You will be notified by phone, text, email or postal mail when your holds are available for curbside pickup.
- Please note that your holds are not ready for pickup until you receive a notification and the items are marked as “Held” in your account.
- Once you are notified that your holds are available, drive to your designated branch during curbside pickup hours.
- Park in one of the parking spots that are designated for curbside pickup.
- Let us know that you are outside by calling the number listed on the parking spot’s sign. We will need your name, library card number and parking spot number.
- If a staff member doesn’t answer, do not leave a voicemail message. Please call back until a staff member answers.
- Remain in your vehicle. A staff member will place your items directly in your vehicle, preferably into your trunk.
How to Return Items:
- All items that you would like to return should be placed in the red item return bins that are outside each of our branches. Staff members are unable to accept items from your vehicle.
- All returned items will be quarantined for at least four days. Due to this extended quarantine, there will be a delay in processing for returned items. Items will remain on your account until taken out of quarantine and checked back in.
Fines are suspended until further notice, but you are still responsible for returning your items. We will remind you to return your items, and your account will be blocked from further checkouts once an item is more than 35 days overdue. Items more than 60 days overdue will be considered lost and we will bill you for their cost. Returning items that you have checked out allows other patrons to enjoy them (after the quarantine period, of course).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use curbside pickup?
A: Curbside pickup is available for current physical library card holders. The service is not available for digital library card holders.
Q: How long will I have to pick up my holds once I have been notified that they are ready?
A: You will have seven days to pick up your holds.
Q: What if the parking spots designated for curbside pickup are full?
A: If the parking spots are full, please park in another area of the parking lot until one is available. We will only deliver items to vehicles parked in the designated spots.
Q: How will you maintain social distancing?
A: We will communicate by phone and place your items directly in your vehicle, preferably into your trunk. All staff members will wear a face mask when delivering items. We ask that you stay in your vehicle during curbside pickup.
Q: Who can pick up my items?
A: For a temporary time, anyone may pick up your items. They must have your library card number in order to do so. Staff will not release items to those without a library card number.
Q: Since you are offering curbside pickup, are your Library Express locations in Silver Grove and Melbourne open?
A: Yes! Our Library Express locations are open. Learn how to get items delivered to these locations at www.cc-pl.org/library-express.
Q: Are you accepting donations?
A: We are not currently accepting donations.
Q: How long will you offer curbside pickup?
A: We are unsure how long curbside pickup will be offered. The health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority.
Q: Are your buildings open?
A: Yes! All branches of the Campbell County Public Library are open for limited hours and services. Please visit www.cc-pl.org/coronavirus for current information.