All of our branches now offer curbside pickup for library items.
Books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, video games and magazines may be checked out through this service.
How to Request Items:
- Log into your library account.
- You can call, text or email us if you need help accessing your account or placing a hold. Contact information can be found at www.cc-pl.org/ask-the-library.
- Search for an item in our catalog and click “Request Item” to place it on hold.
- Wait for a phone call, text, email or postal mail notifying you that your holds are ready for pickup.
- Follow instructions for curbside pickup below.
Picking Up Items
Curbside pickup is available at all of our branches. You may pick up your holds on the following days and times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- 11 am – 7 pm
- 1 – 5 pm
At this time, curbside pickup is not available on Sundays, Tuesdays or Thursdays.
- You will be notified by phone, text, email or postal mail when your holds are available for curbside pickup.
- Please note that your holds are not ready for pickup until you receive a notification and the items are marked as “Held” in your account.
- Once you are notified that your holds are available, drive to your designated branch during curbside pickup hours.
- Park in one of the parking spots that are designated for curbside pickup.
- Our Cold Spring, Carrico/Fort Thomas and Newport branches have five designated parking spots.
- Our Alexandria Branch has two designated parking spots.
- Let us know that you are outside by calling the number listed on the parking spot’s sign. We will need your name, library card number and parking spot number.
- Please remain in your vehicle. A staff member will place your items directly in your vehicle, preferably into your trunk.
How to Return Items:
- All items that you would like to return should be placed in the item return bins that are outside each of our branches. Staff members are unable to accept items from your vehicle.
- All returned items will be quarantined for at least four days. Due to this extended quarantine, there will be a delay in processing for returned items. Items will remain on your account until taken out of quarantine and checked back in.
Fines are suspended until further notice, but you are still responsible for returning your items. We will remind you to return your items, and your account will be blocked from further checkouts once an item is more than 35 days overdue. Items more than 60 days overdue will be considered lost and we will bill you for their cost. Returning items that you have checked out allows other patrons to enjoy them (after the quarantine period, of course).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use curbside pickup?
A: Curbside pickup is available for current physical library card holders. The service is not currently available for digital library card holders.
Q: I already had holds ready for pickup when you closed your buildings in March. Can I still get them?
A: Yes, a staff member will call you if you already had a hold ready for pickup. They will verify that you still want the items and give you the new date that the items will need to be picked up by.
Q: How long will I have to pick up my holds once I have been notified that they are ready?
A: You will have seven days to pick up your holds.
Q: What if the parking spots designated for curbside pickup are full?
A: If the parking spots are full, please park in another area of the parking lot until one is available. We will only deliver items to vehicles parked in the designated spots.
Q: How will you maintain social distancing?
A: We will communicate by phone and place your items directly in your vehicle, preferably into your trunk. All staff members will wear a face mask and gloves when delivering items. We ask that you stay in your vehicle during curbside pickup.
Q: Who can pick up my items?
A: For a temporary time, anyone may pick up your items. They must have your library card number in order to do so. Staff will not release items to those without a library card number.
Q: I don’t have a cell phone. Can I use curbside pickup?
A: Yes, you may use the curbside pickup service. Our Alexandria, Fort Thomas and Newport branches are now equipped with a doorbell. When you arrive, park in a designated parking spot then go to the front door of the branch and ring the doorbell. A staff member will ask for your name, library card number and parking spot number. Then you should return to your vehicle, and we will bring your items out.
Q: Can I use curbside pickup if I walk to the branch or ride my bike?
A: Yes. Ring the doorbell at the branch when you arrive. A staff member will ask for your name and library card number. Once your information has been confirmed, they will ask you to step back six feet from the door and place your items outside for you to retrieve.
Q: Are you offering curbside pickup at your Cold Spring Branch? I see that it is under construction.
A: Yes, curbside pickup is available at our Cold Spring Branch. Construction is still underway for improvements to the parking lot and front entrance, but there are five parking spots designated for curbside pickup.
Q: Since you are offering curbside pickup, are your Library Express locations in Silver Grove and Melbourne open?
A: Yes! Our Library Express locations are now open. Learn how to get items delivered to these locations at www.cc-pl.org/library-express.
Q: Are you accepting donations?
A: We are not currently accepting donations.
Q: How long will you offer curbside pickup?
A: We are unsure how long curbside pickup will be offered. The health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority.
Q: I just really miss the library. When will you reopen your buildings?
A: We miss you too! At this time, we do not have a reopen date set. We will update you all as soon as we do.