Curbside Pickup Hours
Curbside pickup is available at all of our branches.
Cold Spring, Fort Thomas & Newport:
- 1 – 5 pm
- Monday – Thursday
- 9 am – 9 pm
- 9 am – 7 pm
- 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday – Monday
- Tuesday – Friday
- 11 am – 7 pm
- 11 am – 5 pm
Books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, video games and magazines may be checked out through this service.
- Log into your library account.
- You can call or email us if you need help accessing your account or placing a hold. Contact information can be found at https://www.cc-pl.org/about-the-library/contact-us.
- Search for an item in our catalog and click “Request Item” to place it on hold.
- Wait for a phone call, text, email or postal mail notifying you that your holds are ready for pickup.
- Follow instructions for curbside pickup below.
Picking Up Items
- You will be notified by phone, text, email or postal mail when your holds are available for curbside pickup.
- Please note that your holds are not ready for pickup until you receive a notification and the items are marked as “Held” in your account.
- Once you are notified that your holds are available, drive to your designated branch during curbside pickup hours.
- Park in one of the parking spots that are designated for curbside pickup.
- Let us know that you are outside by calling the number listed on the parking spot’s sign. We will need your name, library card number and parking spot number.
- If a staff member doesn’t answer, do not leave a voicemail message. Please call back until a staff member answers.
- Remain in your vehicle. A staff member will place your items directly in your vehicle, preferably into your trunk.
Items may be returned inside or by using the red item return bins that are outside each of our branches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use curbside pickup?
A: Curbside pickup is available for current physical library card holders. The service is not available for digital library card holders.
Q: How long will I have to pick up my holds once I have been notified that they are ready?
A: You will have seven days to pick up your holds.
Q: What if the parking spots designated for curbside pickup are full?
A: If the parking spots are full, please park in another area of the parking lot until one is available. We will only deliver items to vehicles parked in the designated spots.
Q: Who can pick up my items?
A: Anyone may pick up your items. They must have your library card number in order to do so. Staff will not release items to those without a library card number.
Q: Are your Library Express locations in Silver Grove and Melbourne open?
A: Yes! Learn how to get items delivered to these locations at www.cc-pl.org/library-express.