Digital Patron Cards
You can have instant access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and online resources without ever setting a foot inside one of our branches with our Digital Patron Cards.
How it works:
- Follow this link to our account login page.
- To register for a Digital Patron Card, click on the “click or tap here to register now” link at the top of the page.
- Select “Digital Branch” and enter your zip code.
- Select the city you live in.
- Then fill out the form:
- Be sure to pick a PIN you can remember! You will need it to log in later.
- If you share your email address with us, we can let you know when items you place on hold with Kentucky Libraries Unbound are ready for you to download.
- Hit “Submit” and you will get a barcode that’s ready to use.
- Your barcode will look something like this PACREG555555.
If you ever decide you want a physical library card, just bring a photo ID and a piece of mail with your current address into any of our branches. Be sure to let us know you have a Digital Patron Card so we can keep your preferences.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron Card to check out physical items in the library?
A: No. Digital Patron Cards are only for accessing the library’s online services.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron Card to place holds for “real” books, music and movies to pick up at a CCPL branch?
A: Yes, but you can’t check out the items until you get a physical card. All you need is a picture ID and proof of your current address to get a library card with CCPL.
Q: Can Digital Patron Cards be used to access the library’s internet computers?
Q: Do Digital Patron Cards have any benefits that physical library cards do not?
A: No. Digital Patron Cards can only access online materials. Physical cardholders have access to online materials, physical materials and public computers.
- Adult/Teen Services Librarian - Newport (Full-time)
- Celebrate Juneteenth with These Books
- Information Services Assistant - Cold Spring (Part-time)
- Food for Thought: Beyond the Chair
- Take Your Brain on Vacation with these Staff-Recommended Beach Reads
- Let's All Go to the Library for Drive-In Movie Nights
- Patron Services Assistant - Cold Spring (part-time)