Digital Patron Cards
You can have instant access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and online resources without ever setting a foot inside one of our branches with our Digital Patron Cards.
How it works:
- Follow this link to our account login page.
- To register for a Digital Patron Card, click on the “click or tap here to register now” link at the top of the page.
- Select “Digital Branch” and enter your zip code.
- Select the city you live in.
- Then fill out the form:
- Be sure to pick a PIN you can remember! You will need it to log in later.
- If you share your email address with us, we can let you know when items you place on hold with Kentucky Libraries Unbound are ready for you to download.
- Hit “Submit” and you will get a barcode that’s ready to use.
- Your barcode will look something like this PACREG555555.
If you ever decide you want a physical library card, just bring a photo ID and a piece of mail with your current address into any of our branches. Be sure to let us know you have a Digital Patron Card so we can keep your preferences.
Q: Can anyone sign up for a Digital Patron Card, regardless of where they live?
A: No. Digital Patron Cards are only available to those living in Campbell County and the surrounding area. In Kentucky, residents of Campbell, Kenton, Boone, Grant and Pendleton counties may sign up for a Digital Patron Card. Residents of Hamilton and Clermont counties in Ohio may also obtain a card.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron Card to check out physical items in the library?
A: No. Digital Patron Cards are only for accessing the library’s online services.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron Card to place holds for “real” books, music and movies to pick up at a CCPL branch?
A: Yes, but you can’t check out the items until you get a physical card. All you need is a picture ID and proof of your current address to get a library card with CCPL.
Q: Can Digital Patron Cards be used to access the library’s internet computers?
Q: Do Digital Patron Cards have any benefits that physical library cards do not?
A: No. Digital Patron Cards can only access online materials. Physical cardholders have access to online materials, physical materials and public computers.