Stay in the know about library programs, services and more when you sign up to get our monthly “Connections” newsletter delivered to your home or office for free.
See the May 2018 edition of "Connections" here.
Read all about a special exhibit at our Newport Branch, "Lineillism Revealed," that honors the life and works of local artist Jim Hall. The exhibition begins with an Opening Reception on Friday, May 18, and runs during special hours through June 22.
Other highlights for a busy May include:
- The Arts & Culture Series continues at our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch with two special performances: Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra presents Summer of Love on May 4; and the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra presents the Covington Devou Doo Daddies on May 25.
- At our Newport Branch, the Early Childhood Literacy Fair, 10 am-noon Friday, May 5, provides a morning of information and fun, in which young ones can get free developmental and vision screenings, play, read and meet Batman!
- The Regional History Series continues at our Newport Branch with two compelling discussions. On Thursday, May 10, Dr. Christopher Phillips discusses Kentucky's Private Civil War; and on Thursday, May 31, Kentucky State Historian James C. Klotter examines Kentucky's Settlement and Statehood.
- At our Alexandria Branch, enjoy a family movie afternoon with a screening of "Ferdinand" at noon Saturday, May 12.
Read about those events and much more in the May edition of "Connections" here.
See the April "Connections" newsletter here.
Read all about how our Melbourne Library Express has had a huge impact on one particular patron, upcoming programs, book recommendations and more.
Other highlights of the April "Connections" newsletter:
- Staff recommendations of favorite books that are also movies or TV shows;
- El Dia de los Ninos at Cold Spring celebrates children, families, reading and other cultures, Saturday, April 28.
- The 2018 Arts & Culture Series kicks off Friday, April 20 at Carrico/Fort Thomas as the Cincinnati Contemporary Jazz Orchestra salutes the Fab Four with Beatlejazz.
- Get clean and get green Saturday, April 14 at Newport. It's Clean Green with Seventh Street Gifts.
- The 2018 Regional History Series begins Thursday, April 26 at Newport as historian Robert D. Webster discusses our region's prehistory.
- Enjoy family movies at Alexandria. On Saturday, April 14, see A Bug's Life and on Friday, April 27, it's Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
Read about those and much more in the April "Connections: Newsletter.
Click here to read the February 2018 edition of Connections.
Read about Betty Lee Daniels, who passed away Jan. 1, and how her vision and dedication made Campbell County Public Library what it is today.
- The third annual Drop Your Drawers campaign in November and December was another record-breaking success as you donated 7,784 pair of children's underwear to replenish Campbell County elementary schools' emergency supplies.
- Get Fit in February with Zumba at Cold Spring and Yoga at Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- Teens, show off your gaming skills in the Retro Video Game Tournament Monday, Feb. 26 at Cold Spring.
- Teepa Snow, one of the world's leading advocates and educators for anyone living with dementia, presents "Navigating the Journey: Living with Dementia" as part of our Signature Series 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9 at Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- Enjoy a screening of the Disney Pixar movie "Coco," plus much more at Family Fun Night, 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22 at Newport.
Read about all this and more in the February edition of "Connections."