- Most books, audiobooks and CDs circulate for 28 days.
- Software circulates for 14 days.
- Most DVDs circulate for 7 days.
Book drops are located at all branches and are open 24 hours a day. Any materials borrowed at one branch may be returned at any other branch of the Campbell County Public Library.
Most items will be renewed for two additional loan periods if there are no reserves or other restrictions. Items that are more than 35 days overdue are not eligible for renewal and will cause your account to be suspended until the issue is resolved.
If you have fines over $10, your items will not automatically renew.
Items will renew three days before they are due unless they’re on hold or have already been renewed twice. Check your account online or call our automated renewal line at 859-572-5041 to verify when your items are due.
Fines and Fees
All materials borrowed from the Campbell County Public Library are subject to a late fee of $0.10 a day.
- A free library card is available to anyone age 18 or older. A valid photo ID and proof of current address is required.
- Juvenile borrowers (under 18 years of age) may obtain a library card in one of two ways:
- A parent or legal guardian may present acceptable identification and sign for the juvenile to receive full borrowing privileges.
- The juvenile may present proof of name (textbook, school ID, mail, etc.) and receive limited borrowing privileges.
- The individual to whom a library card is issued is responsible for all materials checked out on that card.
- Please report lost or stolen cards. Replacement cards are $1.00.
- The library can notify you about overdue materials or items on hold through e-mail, text, a 24-hour automated phone messaging system or by post office mail.
- Campbell County Public Library belongs to a regional library network that allows you to use your library card to obtain a library card from other participating libraries in the area. Ask at a branch for details.