Category Archives: Friends of the Campbell County Public LIbrary
Due to the current rise of COVID-19 cases and Governor Andy Beshear’s recent mandate, the Friends Book Sales scheduled in November and December are canceled. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit www.cc-pl.org/coronavirus for current information.
There is a Friends Book Sale every Saturday, from 9 am- 5 pm, through Saturday, Dec. 12. The sale is in the Friends Room on the lower level of our Newport Branch.
All sales are bag sales. Buy a $4 bag from the Friends and fill it with any books from the entire sale room. A large selection of items are available. There is a 2-bag limit per visit into the Friends Room but multiple visits per day are permitted and encouraged.
The Friends Room has a maximum capacity limit due to social distancing requirements. We will monitor capacity in the Friends Room and allow entrance as others leave. Masks are required for entrance. No outside bags or boxes permitted.
Use the Facebook event link below to invite your friends and family! The book sales are the perfect time to do some holiday shopping.
The Friends of the Library are not currently accepting donations due to the need to quarantine items for four days. Unfortunately, they do not have the space available to do so. We are hoping that the November and December sales will clear out the Friends Room enough to begin accepting donations again.
In honor of Giving Tuesday this week, check out some of the ways you can give back to your library and community. Read more
In the October issue of our “Connections” newsletter, read all about two important exhibitions starting this month: Her Story Must Be Told: Women’s Voices from the Holocaust, Oct. 1-31 at Carrico/Fort Thomas; and Telling a People’s Story, Oct. 16-Dec. 3 at Newport. Also in the October newsletter:
- The library’s Annual Report to the Community gives a mid-point update to our Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Go Camping with the Library at A.J. Jolly Park.
- The Cincinnati Museum Center presents “Bats” at Cold Spring.
- “Lilac Girls” author Martha Hall Kelly is coming to Carrico/Fort Thomas as part of our Signature Series.
- Dance your way to fitness with Geek Your Health: “Stranger Things” ’80s Dance Fitness at Newport.
- At Alexandria, kids can enjoy Pumpkin Painting, Friday, Oct. 25 (Grades 1-5) and Saturday, Oct. 26 (12 & under).
- Enjoy a special Story Time in the Park, 11 am Friday, Oct. 11 at Tower Park Amphitheater.
- Read all this and more in the October “Connections.”
Get “Connections” Delivered
Have you ever watched the Goosebumps TV show from the ’90s? We took a crack at recreating the iconic intro. Read more
Piper Computer Kits teach kids to be tech savvy, and we have some available! Read more
Learn how you can win a “Magic Tree House” prize pack that includes the first eight books in the series and two National Geographic STEM kits. Read more