Spring is everywhere and with spring comes rain. This week Cold Spring’s Growing Scientists are studying weather with this fun cup in a cloud experiment. Read more
Category Archives: How To
Your inbox is a busy place. We get it. We want to make it as easy as possible to connect you with the library news that you care about so we’ve joined Cerkl.
Cerkl is a Cincinnati-based email newsletter company that’s reimagining organizational emails. With Cerkl, you choose the topics you care about and only get emails about those things. Once you take 2 minutes (really, 2 minutes) to personalize your Cerkl, you will only get emails from us when you want them.
We are so excited to share our story with you, one email at a time. If you were getting our news emails before, don’t worry, you will still be getting them. Just check your inbox for an email titled, Campbell County Public Library – delivered YOUR way, fill out the form and you are good. If you don’t have time, that’s cool, you will still get an email from us every two weeks.
If you don’t get our news emails, now is a great time to join. You will be some of the first to learn about new programs, interesting services and neat book lists.
We hope you will love Cerkl.
Questions? Email webmaster[@]cc-pl.org. We are here to help!
More Library News
Play Art is your 3 to 5-year-old’s chance to get messy and creative. Each Wednesday at 4 our programmer, Miss Amy, walks your child through a creative craft that’s guaranteed to make them smile. Siblings are welcome to attend! Read more
This month in “Connections“:
- Minecraft Club welcomes online sensation, Darkosto
- Libraries & patrons win in KY. Supreme Court ruling
- Drop Your Drawers by the numbers
- Library staff shares some of their favorite books
- ArtsWave presents Macy’s Arts Sampler at your library
- Six @ Six starts with look at “The Good Life”
- Special films nights for kids with sensory issues and the deaf community
- Read the full “Connections” newsletter
We aim to be a resource during this busy time. Browse what we have to offer. Read more
AARP Tax-Aide Tax Preparation Service is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
Tax-Aide Volunteers are available to prepare individual tax returns on Tuesdays beginning February 2nd through April 12th, 10 AM to 2 PM, at the Newport Branch Library.
Appointments available on a first come, first served basis.
What to bring
- Last year’s tax return(s)
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all your dependents
- Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers.
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
- 1099-Misc forms
- Information about other forms of Income
- State or local income tax refund
All forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments)
Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:
- 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
- 1098-T and 1098-E forms (Tuition and Student Loan Interest payments)
- A list of medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services, and bills for home improvements such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
- Summary of contributions to charity
- Receipts or canceled checks for all quarterly or other paid tax
- Property Tax bills and proof of payment
- Form 1095A if you purchased through Marketplace (Exchange)
- Any exemption correspondence from the Marketplace (if applicable)
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, or Social Security number)
- 1099 forms related to continuing education and related receipts and canceled checks
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions on AARP’s website.
If you are looking for some science fun, try this neat color experiment that our Cold Spring Growing Scientists will be tackling on Wednesday, January 20. Read more
This fall, our Film Club began work on a movie to show at the Carrico/Fort Thomas Holiday Open House.
Members chose a script, developed storyboards, designed sets and props and acted in the final film.
Click below to see the finished film, “Twas the Night Before The Night Before Christmas.”
The holidays are a special time at your library. We have 39 times to celebrate the season at your library. Read more
Saturday, December 5 is a very special day at our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch. We will be hosting a festive holiday open house. Read more