Our Drop Your Drawers campaign provides clean underwear and socks to public schools in Campbell County, meeting a crucial need for Family Resource Centers’ emergency supplies.
This November, children and teens can create their own comic strip for the chance to win an autographed copy of Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild and other books. Read more
Start working on your GED by visiting our Alexandria or Cold Spring branches. Read more
Telling A People’s Story is the first major museum exhibition devoted to art found within the pages of African-American children’s picture books. View it now at our Newport Branch. Read more
Halloween is right around the corner. If you still need a costume, we have 31 book-tacular ones to suggest. Read more
Changes to how all libraries purchase digital items from major publishers will hinder our ability to provide new eBook bestsellers. Learn why and what you can do to help.
In the October issue of our “Connections” newsletter, read all about two important exhibitions starting this month: Her Story Must Be Told: Women’s Voices from the Holocaust, Oct. 1-31 at Carrico/Fort Thomas; and Telling a People’s Story, Oct. 16-Dec. 3 at Newport. Also in the October newsletter:
- The library’s Annual Report to the Community gives a mid-point update to our Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Go Camping with the Library at A.J. Jolly Park.
- The Cincinnati Museum Center presents “Bats” at Cold Spring.
- “Lilac Girls” author Martha Hall Kelly is coming to Carrico/Fort Thomas as part of our Signature Series.
- Dance your way to fitness with Geek Your Health: “Stranger Things” ’80s Dance Fitness at Newport.
- At Alexandria, kids can enjoy Pumpkin Painting, Friday, Oct. 25 (Grades 1-5) and Saturday, Oct. 26 (12 & under).
- Enjoy a special Story Time in the Park, 11 am Friday, Oct. 11 at Tower Park Amphitheater.
- Read all this and more in the October “Connections.”
Get “Connections” Delivered
Get as many uses out of that Halloween costume as you can by attending these costume-friendly programs! Read more
Our annual Story Time in the Park is Friday, Oct. 11. This year’s theme is insects!