Xavier helps CCPL kids create Minecraft masterpieces
Last month, we had a packed house for Cold Spring’s Minecraft Club. The already popular program was bolstered by the news that librarians from Xavier University would be bringing technology that would allow the kids to create an item to be 3D printed in Xavier’s new Makerspace inside the McDonald Library.
Those digital future-minded librarians are Xavier’s Alison Morgan and Christian Sheehy. Alison, wife of our Library Director, JC Morgan, serves as Assistant Director of Access Services for both Xavier’s library and their Digital Humanities department. Christian is Xavier’s Digital Initiatives Librarian.
The minecrafters got 10 minutes inside the special maker software to craft the item they wanted printed. The kids loved designing in the 3D space.
Check out their creations!
Christian took the creative works to the McDonald Library’s brand new Makerspace. Over the course of the next month, Christian printed the creations. The finished products were brought to the April Minecraft Club meeting.
Thank you so much to Xavier University for sharing your talent and resources with the kids of Campbell County.
- Roar, Soar, Read: Summer Reading 2023
- Books to Read During Pride Month
- Staff-Suggested Audiobooks for Summer Hangs
- Information Services Assistant- Carrico/Fort Thomas (Part-time)
- Patron Services Supervisor - Carrico/Fort Thomas (Full-time)
- Newport - Collections Services Specialist (Full-time)
- June "Connections" Newsletter