Tag Archives: Connections Newsletter
In the October issue of our “Connections” newsletter, read all about two important exhibitions starting this month: Her Story Must Be Told: Women’s Voices from the Holocaust, Oct. 1-31 at Carrico/Fort Thomas; and Telling a People’s Story, Oct. 16-Dec. 3 at Newport. Also in the October newsletter:
- The library’s Annual Report to the Community gives a mid-point update to our Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Go Camping with the Library at A.J. Jolly Park.
- The Cincinnati Museum Center presents “Bats” at Cold Spring.
- “Lilac Girls” author Martha Hall Kelly is coming to Carrico/Fort Thomas as part of our Signature Series.
- Dance your way to fitness with Geek Your Health: “Stranger Things” ’80s Dance Fitness at Newport.
- At Alexandria, kids can enjoy Pumpkin Painting, Friday, Oct. 25 (Grades 1-5) and Saturday, Oct. 26 (12 & under).
- Enjoy a special Story Time in the Park, 11 am Friday, Oct. 11 at Tower Park Amphitheater.
- Read all this and more in the October “Connections.”
Get “Connections” Delivered
Read all about an awesome new program to the library as we introduce “Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Campbell County, Kentucky.” This partnership with Campbell County schools and the Dolly Parton Foundation will give you the opportunity to sign your child up to receive a free new book in the mail each month until age 5.
Also in the September “Connections“:
- All during September, enjoy a super fun learning experience at area parks titled “Play, Explore, Build.” We will supply all the building materials and young ones will supply the creativity in STEAM building/engineering projects. There will be Play, Explore, Build sessions at Tower Park in Fort Thomas, Buena Vista Park in Newport and A.J. Jolly Park in Alexandria.
- Relatives Raising Relatives Support Group moves to Cold Spring.
- Kids can get hands-on with pop art at Warhol Wannabes at Cold Spring.
- Help your cat unwind with DIY Cat Wine at Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- YART: The Art Yard Sale returns to Newport with affordable art by local artisans.
- Teacher Supply Swap debuts at Newport the same day as YART.
- Teens can test their skills at Alexandria’s Chess Tournament for Teens.
- Read all that and more in the September “Connections.”
Get “Connections” Delivered
Can we talk? Get ready for great conversations about a diverse series of topics all this month at Newport with our Spotlight Series. Read more
Look for the Annual Report to the Community in our October 2016 “Connections” newsletter. Read more
Charles Egerton of Newport leads a pretty busy life. The freelance producer-director-writer-videographer-editor-photographer directs, writes, shoots and narrates commercials and documentaries and operates the camera for live stage events and sports webcasts, including the Cincinnati Reds scoreboard at Great American Ball Park. Read more