September “Connections” Newsletter
Check out the September “Connections” newsletter to learn about about upcoming programs, book suggestions and more. Some highlights:
- Call it a “Bluegrass Two-Step” as the Signature Series presents two great musical acts at Newport. On Friday, Sept. 8 enjoy Danny Paisley and The Southern Grass. On Friday, Oct. 6, the Trinity River Band performs. Both shows are at 7 pm. Free tickets are required for both performances, separately.
- The 2017 Danny Miller Memorial Let’s Talk About It Lecture Series begins at 6:30 pm on two Tuesdays at Cold Spring this month, with literary discussions led by Northern Kentucky University faculty members. On Sept. 12, Dr. Parmita Kapadia discusses Amulya Mallardi’s The Mango Season. On Sept. 26, Faith Benson discusses Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. Registration is required.
- See the evolution of the Disney Princess at the Disney Princess Marathon, 10 am-4 pm Saturday, Sept. 16 at Carrico/Fort Thomas. We will watch the first Disney princess movie, followed by the princess who revived the genre and finish with the most modern of the Disney princesses. Come in for one or all. We will have a Make Your Own Snack Bar and simple princess crafts to enjoy as well. No need to register.
- Find bargains at YART: The Yard Art Sale 11 am-4 pm Saturday, Sept. 16 at the Newport Branch. Enjoy a wide variety of artwork featuring the work of more than 30 local artists and everything is $30 or less. No need to register
- Read about all this and more in the September “Connections” here.