Zoom Program: Cam’s Kids Book Club — “Cute as an Axolotl: Discovering the World’s Most Adorable Animals” by Jess Keating
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Welcome to Cam’s Kids Book Club:
- Register for this program to get your own copy of the book to keep. If you can’t pick it up in Alexandria, tell us your location choice using the special needs section of the registration form.
- Starting June 8th, pick up your book from the library.
- Read and enjoy the book at your own pace.
- Come chat about this month’s book and other books you love in the Zoom book club on June 29th at 4:30 pm.
This month’s book is Cute as an Axolotl: Discovering the World’s Most Adorable Animals by Jess Keating.
The Internet pretty much runs on cute animal photos, but “cute” is so much more than clickbait kittens and pups. Cute is for feathery-gilled axolotls (pronounced: ax-uh-LOT-ulz), shy pygmy hippos, poisonous blue dragons, and armored pangolins. All of these animals are cute, but they’ve also adapted remarkable ways to survive in their unique environments.
This is a live program that will be conducted via Zoom, a free online video conferencing platform. Registration is required. On the day of the program, we will email you with the link to join the live program. You are not required to have a Zoom account . If you would like to create a free account though, you may do so at https://zoom.us/signup.
If you have any questions, please contact Molly Walker at email@example.com.
Age Range: Grades 1-5
Register for this event
- Only register your child(ren).
- Caretakers do not need to register to attend.