DIY this Rudolph ornament
This is a fun and easy craft. There is very little mess as this project needs no paint, and very little glue!
To create a one-of-a-kind Rudolph ornament, you will need the following materials:
- Clear glass or plastic ball ornament
- Shredded brown paper
- Red pom
- Wiggle eyes
- Brown pipe cleaner
- Yarn or string
- Dow rod for stuffing (optional)
Fill ornament with shredded brown paper, or try another color for a personalized effect.
Glue wiggle eyes and pom to the ornament. Exercise caution in this step as ornaments tend to break easily.
When working with younger crafters, make sure they don’t press down too hard on the eyes or nose.
Make antlers out of pipe cleaner. Cut a 12-inch pipe cleaner into one 6 inch piece and two 3 inch pieces.
Use the 6-inch piece as the “base” of the antlers and use the shorter segments to make the horns.
Make a hanger by tying a loop of yarn or string to the top of the ornament.
- Library Bookkeeper - Cold Spring (Full-time)
- Take a Chance on a Blind Date with a Book
- Patron Services Assistant - Newport (part-time)
- We Suggest: Movies to Watch for Black History Month—and All Year Long
- Information Services Assistant - Newport (part-time)
- February "Connections" Newsletter
- Teens & Tweens: Level Up with the Library this February