Connections, the Library’s Newsletter
Stay in the know about library programs, services and more when you sign up to get our monthly “Connections” newsletter delivered to your home or office for free.
Click here to read the online version of the January "Connections" newsletter with exclusive details about the Jan. 21 Violins of Hope event at Newport.
Read all about the grand opening of our new Alexandria Branch in the January "Connections" newsletter. In addition, this online version of the newsletter includes exclusive details about the special Jan. 21 Violins of Hope presentation at our Newport Branch.
Other highlights in "Connections":
- Learn about Love 19th Century American Style with Northern Kentucky University history professor Dr. Burke Miller as the City Barbeque Food for Thought series kicks off 6:30 pm Tuesday, Jan. 30 at Cold Spring.
- Two new Story Times debut at Cold Spring: Evening Story Time, 6:30 pm Wednesday, Jan. 10; and Family Story Time, 10 am Saturdays, beginning Jan. 20.
- At Carrico/Fort Thomas, learn what to expect and how to prepare for a kitchen remodel 6:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 18, and a bathroom remodel 6:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 25.
- At Newport, Falcon Takes Flight, a wing of Falcon Theatre, presents Letters from Vietnam as part of our Signature Series, 7 pm Friday, Jan. 12.
There's so much more at the Library in January. Read all about it here.
Big news and big events highlight our November "Connections" newsletter.
Click here to see the November Connections Newsletter.
- The Library signed a five-year lease for a 3,000-foot space at 8333 Alexandria Pike that will become our Alexandria Branch in January 2018.
- For the third holiday season in a row, our Drop Your Drawers campaign aims to benefit Campbell County school children.
- Author Luke Dittrich discusses his book Patient H.M.: A Story of Memory, Madness & Family Secrets at 7 pm Friday, Nov. 3 at Carrico/Fort Thomas, as part of our Signature Series.
- Make a difference for families affected by natural disasters this fall with Care Packages for Disaster Relief, 1 pm Saturday, Nov. 11 at Newport.
- Young wizards and witches, be sure to register for our Harry Potter Bash, 1 pm Monday, Nov. 20 at Newport.
Read the entire "Connections" newsletter here.
Click here to see the October "Connections" Newsletter.
Get in the spirit of the season with Halloween-themed events this October. Read all about them in the October "Connections" newsletter, plus much more, including:
This month in "Connections":
- Learn about how our AWE computers provide literacy-based games for young children, even ones who can't yet read.
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and we will have 30 holiday-themed programs at the Library in December to celebrate, including The Children's Theatre's production of A Christmas Carol, a Gingerbread House Party and Holiday Music with Belltastic! and the Highlands Middle School 8th Grade Strings Orchestra.
- Planning a holiday-themed movie night? Check out Library staff's picks for favorite holiday DVDs.
This month in "Connections":
- Drop Your Drawers promises to be even bigger and better in providing new underwear for children in need at Campbell County elementary schools, with author and illustrator Dav Pilkey's "Captain Underpants" leading the way.
- Read about how Chess Club at Carrico/Fort Thomas gives young players the opportunity to learn from a master through Cris Collinsworth's ProScan Fund.
- Special events for young and old will celebrate all things Harry Potter in November as we get ready for the release of J.K. Rowling's "Fantastic Beasts."
- Expand your horizons by learning T'ai Chi or becoming a barista.
- Super Kids can become superheroes for a day at Newport.
Read about all about a busy November at the Library here.