Cam’s Kids Book Club — “Every Color of Light: A Book About the Sky” by Hiroshi Osada
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Welcome to Cam’s Kids Book Club:
- Register for this program to get your own free copy of the book to keep!
- Starting October 1st, pick up your book from the library.
- Read and enjoy the book at your own pace.
- Come chat about this month’s book and other books you love at the Alexandria Branch on October 25th at 4:30 pm.
This month’s book is Every Color of Light: A Book About the Sky by Hiroshi Osada.
Poetic and sparse, a bedtime story told by the elements.
Gentle and lyrical, Every Color of Light is a bedtime story told by the elements.
Every Color of Light opens on a lush, green forest in the rain. Illustrated by the masterful Ryoji Arai, the calm is shattered when the wind picks up and lightning cuts the sky. Yet out of this turbulence, the day blooms bright, the flowers open, and raindrops roll and drip down to the forest floor. The sun sets. The moon rises, and in a pool of water we see its reflection. We go to sleep with the forest, sinking into the pool, into the calm reflection of the moon. Harmonizing our human experience to the natural world, Arai invites the reader to hold imaginative space for our oneness with the natural world.
Please register all children. Only one adult per family group.
Please note any accommodation requests in the Special Needs section of the registration form.
If you have any questions, please contact Katherine at email@example.com.
Age Range: Grades 1-5
Register for this event
- Only register your child(ren).
- Caretakers do not need to register to attend.