NKY Forum: Farm to Table
Thursday, August 11, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This event will be held in person at the Campbell County Public Library, Newport Branch/Presidents Room, 901 East Sixth St., Newport, KY 41071.
The Northern Kentucky Forum is hosting a discussion of sustainable agriculture and new concepts in agribusiness. We will talk about the growing farm-to-table movement and the need for a year-round source of fresh food. Regional farmer’s markets are a part of the mix of providing those fresh vegetables and some local restaurants center their menus around locally-sourced products.
Our panelists will discuss these and other topics and take your questions.
- Moderator: Mark Neikirk, Scripps Howard Center for Civic Engagement, Northern Kentucky University
- Jed Portman, 80 Acres Farms
- David Willox, Bakers Table Restaurant
- The Berry Center
- Tiffany Tomeo, Fort Thomas Farmers Markets
- Anna Haas, Local Food Connection (What Chefs Want)
- Keith Rogers, Chief of Staff, Kentucky Department for Agriculture
Please register here: https://nku.eventsair.com/shcce/nkyforum/Site/Register
Campbell County Public Library- Newport Branch/Presidents Room
901 East Sixth Street
Newport, Kentucky 41071
Northern Kentucky Forum
The Forum’s purpose is to foster civil, civic dialogue on topics of community interest. The Forum is a partnership between Campbell County Public Library, The Scripps Howard Center, Boone County Public Library and Kenton County Public Library. For more information about upcoming NKY Forum events visit www.nkyforum.org
Meeting Room: Newport - Presidents Room Lower Level