Drop Your Drawers
We have collected 100 percent of our Drop Your Drawers goal! We will continue to collect packages of new underwear, sizes 4-16, until Dec. 31.
Drop Your Drawers
Include packages of new boys’ and girls’ underwear, sizes 4-16, on your holiday shopping list, then drop them off at your nearby branch for our Drop Your Drawers campaign Nov. 1-Dec. 31. Donations will help replenish Campbell County public elementary schools’ supplies of emergency underwear and provide direct assistance to each school’s Family Resource Centers.
The need is great. Schools are handing out 30 to 100 pairs each month to children who need clean underwear due to accidents at school or issues at home. Because parents often are unable to bring fresh underwear to their children during school hours, children can miss valuable learning time in the classroom.
To learn more about the need for new underwear, watch our video with Campbell County Family Resource Center Coordinators below or on YouTube!
Our Goal: 6,000
In 2015, more than 5,000 pairs were collected. We collected 7,125 pairs last year. The current number for this year’s campaign is 6,984 pairs! Help us break last year’s record by donating today.
2017 Community Support
- Catholic Health Initiatives donated 369 pairs.
- Cline’s Social Club donated 408 pairs to our Cold Spring Branch. They have donated 1238 pairs since we started the Drop Your Drawers campaign three years ago.
- The Mary Ingles Chapter NSDAR donated 350+ pairs to our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch.
- The Campbell County Kiwanis Club donated 30 pairs to the campaign.
2016 Community Support
There were many, many heroes who made last year’s Drop Your Drawers a success, including:
- Mrs. Jean Ritze visited our Newport Branch on Dec. 29 asking if her donation of 120 pairs was tax deductible (it was and still is, by the way). When she was told the branch was 215 away from its individual goal of 2,000 pairs, she returned the next day with 237 more.
- The Fort Thomas community donated $500 to buy new underwear.
- Lindsey Cook donated 124 pairs to our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch.
- Elizabeth Isaacs donated 21 pairs to our Newport Branch, and she set a personal goal of 100 pairs for this year’s campaign.
- Cline’s Social Club donated 458 pairs to our Cold Spring Branch.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please view our FAQ Sheet.