2018 Drop Your Drawers
It’s time for our fourth annual Drop Your Drawers campaign!
Drop Your Drawers
For the past three holiday seasons, our patrons and community have formed a winning team. Together, we’ve provided underwear packages to Campbell County elementary schools, meeting a crucial need for Family Resource Centers’ emergency supplies.
Include packages of new boys’ and girls’ underwear, sizes 4-16, on your holiday shopping list, then drop them off at your nearby branch for our Drop Your Drawers campaign Nov. 1-Dec. 31.
The need is great. Schools are handing out 50 to 100 pairs each month to children who need clean underwear due to accidents at school or issues at home. Because parents often are unable to bring fresh underwear to their children during school hours, children can miss valuable learning time in the classroom.
To learn more about the need for new underwear, watch our video with Campbell County Family Resource Center Coordinators below or on YouTube!
Our Goal: 7,000
We collected 7,125 pairs of underwear in 2016 and 7,784 pairs last year. Help us break last year’s record by donating this November and December!
Check out the video below to see how many donations we have received so far this year.
Win Autographed Dav Pilkey Books
Earlier this year, Dav Pilkey and his wife, Sayuri, sent us a gift package to thank us for using the “Captain Underpants” image in our campaign. The package included books and plush toys.
We’ve decided to share the gifts with you! For every package of boys’ or girls’ underwear, sizes 4-16, that you donate, you will receive an entry slip to win an item. There will be one drawing per branch at the end of the campaign.
The drawing is mainly for individual donations, but our “all-star” clubs and organizations will be recognized, as always, for their Drop Your Drawers generosity (see below).
2018 Schools Support
2017 Community Support
- Catholic Health Initiatives donated 369 pairs.
- Cline’s Social Club donated 408 pairs to our Cold Spring Branch. They have donated 1,238 pairs since we started the Drop Your Drawers campaign three years ago.
- The Mary Ingles Chapter NSDAR donated 350+ pairs to our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch.
- The Campbell County Kiwanis Club donated 30 pairs to the campaign.
- A special thank you to the following organizations for making a donation to the campaign:
- Campbell County Drug Free Alliance
- Campbell County Democratic Party
- Campbell County Leadership Action Group
- City of Cold Spring
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 2018
- Newport Optimist Club
2016 Community Support
- Mrs. Jean Ritze visited our Newport Branch on Dec. 29 asking if her donation of 120 pairs was tax deductible (it was and still is, by the way). When she was told the branch was 215 away from its individual goal of 2,000 pairs, she returned the next day with 237 more.
- The Fort Thomas community donated $500 to buy new underwear.
- Lindsey Cook donated 124 pairs to our Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch.
- Elizabeth Isaacs donated 21 pairs to our Newport Branch, and she set a personal goal of 100 pairs for the 2017 campaign.
- Cline’s Social Club donated 458 pairs to our Cold Spring Branch.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please view our FAQ Sheet.