Digital Patron Cards
You can now have instant access to e-books, audiobooks and online resources without ever setting a foot inside one of our branches with our new Digital Patron accounts.
How it works:
- Follow this link to our Digital Branch sign-up page
- Select “Digital Branch” and enter your zip code
- Select the city you live in
- Then fill out the form
- Be sure to pick a PIN you can remember! You will need it to log in later.
- If you share your email address with us, we can let you know when items you place on hold with Kentucky Libraries Unbound are ready for you to download.
- Hit “Submit” and you will get a barcode that’s ready to use.
- Your barcode will look something like this PACREG555555.
If you ever decide you want a physical library card, just bring a photo ID and a piece of mail with your current address into any of our branches. Be sure to let us know you’ve been a Digital Patron so we can keep your preferences.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron card number to check out physical items in the library?
A: No. Digital Patron card numbers are only for accessing the library’s online services.
Q: Can I use my Digital Patron card number to place holds for “real” books, music and movies to pick up at a CCPL branch?
A: Yes, but you can’t check out the items until you get a physical card. All you need is a picture ID and proof of your current address to get a library card with CCPL.
Q: Can Digital Patron numbers be used to access the library’s internet computers?
Q: Do Digital Patrons have any rights or benefits that physical cardholders do not?
A: No. Digital Patrons only have access to online materials. Physical cardholders have access to online materials, physical materials and public computers.
If you have any questions about Digital Patron Cards, email our firstname.lastname@example.org.