If You Give a Kid a Book Club — ‘Alma and How She Got Her Name’ by Juana Martinez-Neal
Thursday, January 13, 2022
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm
About the Book Club
Welcome to If You Give a Kid a Book Club: where you get to keep the books we read!
- Register for this program to get your copy of the book. If you can’t pick it up at Fort Thomas, tell us your location choice using the special needs section of the registration form.
- Starting December 9th, pick up your book and discussion questions from the library.
- Read and enjoy the book at your own pace.
- Come chat about this month’s book and other books you love in the book club on January 13th at 4:30 pm.
About the Book
If you ask her, Alma Sofia Esperanza José Pura Candela has way too many names: six! How did such a small person wind up with such a large name? Alma turns to Daddy for an answer. As she hears the story of her name, Alma starts to think it might be a perfect fit after all — and realizes that she will one day have her own story to tell.
- If Campbell County is ORANGE or above on the Kentucky Department for Public Health’s COVID-19 Dashboard, everyone, age 2 or older, who attends library programs are required to wear masks.
- Please register all children. Only one adult per family group.
- Please note any accommodation requests in the Special Needs section of the registration form.
- All state and federal COVID-19 mandates will be followed.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Gooch at email@example.com.
Age Range: Grades 1-5
Carrico/Fort Thomas Branch
Register for this event
- Only register your child(ren).
- Caretakers do not need to register to attend.