Tax-Aide at the Library
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free tax preparation service, especially for those age 50 and older, at our Newport and Cold Spring branches.
Tax-Aide’s IRS-certified volunteers are available to prepare individual tax returns from:
- 10 am – 2 pm Tuesdays, Feb. 8 – April 12 at our Newport Branch
- 4 – 6:30 pm Wednesdays, Feb. 2 – April 13 at our Cold Spring Branch
Bring all of the following documents (as applicable) for you and your spouse, if married filing joint return, to ensure Tax-Aide will be able to provide tax assistance:
- Picture ID (for you and your spouse if married filing joint return)
- Social Security documentation (for all those listed on the tax return)
- Copy of last year’s income tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- All 1099 forms
- Dependent care provider information
- Receipts if itemizing deductions
- Bank documents for direct deposit of refund
Appointments are available on a first come, first served basis at our Newport Branch.
A scheduled appointment is required at our Cold Spring Branch. Visit the link below and search “Tax-Aide” to schedule an appointment.