Gale Courses – Free Online Courses
Are you looking to increase your skills? You can do it at home for free.
With the help of your library card, browse hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7.
- Gale Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline.
- Six-week courses allow you to join programs year-round.
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Applications
- Design and Composition
- Healthcare and Medical
- Language and Arts
- Law and Legal
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing
- Click the Gale Courses website by following the link above.
- Have your library barcode number nearby. It’s on the back of your card.
- If you don’t have a card with us, consider signing up for a Digital Only account.
- Browse or search the Gale Courses catalog to find a course.
- Click the Enroll Now button and choose your start date.
- Sign in or create a new account to complete your enrollment.
- Have questions or need help? Check our Frequently Asked Questions below.
What courses are available?
To see a list of all the courses, under Browse Catalog on the left side of the screen, click a subject area, and select a sub-subject.
Where can I find course descriptions, requirements and other information?
Click a subject area under Browse Catalog on the left side of the screen, select a sub-topic and select a course.
How do I enroll in a course?
When you have found a course in which you wish to enroll, click the “Enroll Now” button. Then, select the course start date of your choice. Create an account as a new student or sign in as a returning student. Once you’ve signed in, complete your enrollment by entering your library card number with no spaces or dashes on the “Submit” webpage. Remember to access your course as soon as possible after the course start date.
I have enrolled in a course, why can’t I access any course materials?
Course materials are not available until the course start date.
How long are the courses?
Unless otherwise specified, all courses run for six weeks. You will be granted access to two lessons each week for six weeks. Each lesson will be accompanied by a short, multiple-choice quiz, and some lessons may include a hands-on assignment. You are expected to try and complete each quiz and assignment within two weeks from when the lesson is released. The course will conclude with a final exam. You will have two weeks from the last lesson and final exam to complete your studies and submit the final exam.
What happens if I have a question during class?
Each of the lessons is accompanied by an interactive discussion area. When you need help with a lesson, all you have to do is post your question or inquiry in the appropriate course discussion area. The instructor, his/her teaching assistant or one of your fellow students will respond.
Need More Help?
For comments, suggestions or any question that is not already answered elsewhere, click here.