Free Tax Preparation Services at the Library
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide will offer free tax preparation services at the Newport Branch, especially for those age 50 and older.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
Tax-Aide’s IRS-certified volunteers will be available between 10 am and 2 pm at the Newport Branch on Tuesdays, Feb. 7 – April 11. Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bring all of the following documents (as applicable) for you and your spouse (if filing a joint return) to ensure Tax-Aide will be able to provide tax assistance:
- Picture ID (for you and your spouse if married filing a joint return)
- Social Security documentation (for all those listed on the tax return)
- Copy of last year’s income tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- All 1099 forms
- Dependent care provider information
- Receipts if itemizing deductions
- Bank documents for direct deposit of refund
The IRS has replaced Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040 EZ with one form, 1040, which is supplemented with six schedules to use as needed. Package 1040 includes the Form 1040 and schedules. Instructions are separate. Limited copies of the new Package 1040 and instructions are available at the Library. The filing deadline is April 15, 2022.