30 Ways to Play
Help your child learn through play this November. You could win a family membership to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden!
30 Ways to Play
The best way to learn is by doing, and the best way to do is by playing. We’re making it pay even more to play with 30 Ways to Play.
It’s simple: Complete a log by marking each time you play with your child and receive a book for each child in your family. You will also be entered in a drawing at each branch to win a family membership to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden.
What counts as “playing”? What doesn’t! Your 30 Ways to Play log will have 30 suggestions specific to your child’s age group: babies (newborn to 12 months), toddlers & preschool (13 months to 5 years) and elementary school (grades K-5). Here are a few possibilities:
- Give kids craft materials to help build imagination
- Play house with dolls or stuffed animals to expand language
- Build with blocks to work on motor skills and recognize patterns
- Play a board game to strengthen strategy skills and learn how to be a good sport
- Get moving with sports or active games to develop motor skills and encourage teamwork
Among many benefits, playing helps kids learn how to express and control emotions. It also helps strengthen their ability to pay attention. For parents, playing with your child helps develop a strong bond and creates lifelong memories.
All you have to do is stop by one of our branches starting Nov. 1, pick up your log and return it by Dec. 8. The drawings will be Dec. 10.