Connections, the Library’s Newsletter
Read about the busy month of May in the current issue of our "Connections" newsletter.
The Early Childhood Literacy Fair, on Saturday, May 6 at Newport, is just one of many programs presented by the Library to encourage young readers.
At Carrico/Fort Thomas, the Living with Less Series at 6:30 pm Thursdays, May 11, 18 & 25 provides tips on downsizing and preparing for your next phase.
Also at Carrico/Fort Thomas, the Arts & Culture Series presents two great retro acts, the CCO's Chamber Rock at 7 pm Friday, May 12 and the Kentucky Symphony's In The Groove (When Vinyl Ruled) at 7 pm Friday, May 26.
Join the discussion about the phenomenon of "fake news" with local media, academic and Library experts at Combating Fake News, 6:30 pm Tuesday, May 23 at Cold Spring.
Read about these and all the great programs in this month's "Connections".
Read about upcoming programs in the April "Connections" Newsletter.
Read about those and other news and events in Connections.
Read the March "Connections" here.
Read about the March 24 Signature Series event at Newport as journalist Kelsey Timmerman discusses his book "Where Am I Eating? An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy."
Also this month in Connections:
Read about how Kacie Leavell used the library to help achieve her dream of launching a nonprofit and how your generosity helped make the Drop Your Drawers campaign a rousing success. Also this month in Connections:
- Homeschool STEAM Blast debuts for teens and STEM Girls debuts for 1st-5th graders @ Cold Spring.
- Learn about, and from, the Greatest Generation as author Adam Makos discusses legendary stories from World War II and beyond as part of our Signature Series @ Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- Read about "Being the Best You" a three-part interactive lecture series in February @ Newport.
- Is Justice Blind? Race, Class & Our Criminal Justice System will be discussed @ Newport.
Learn about two new graphic novel features, meet the library patrons who will be part of our next Signature Series and check out our list of January programs.
This month in "Connections":
- Graphic novel enthusiasts, we have two great new features for you. You've Been Booked (formerly Spoiler Alert), our YA Book Club, will spotlight graphic novels January-June. In addition, the Library is teaming with ComicsPlus: Library Edition, an online resource that lets you enjoy thousands of titles.
- Meet the library patrons who will be part of our next Signature Series, the Falcon Theatre production of Rafting Rise at 7 pm Friday, Jan. 20 @ Newport.
- Start your new year off right with New Year, New You, three programs @ Cold Spring that will help you shop and eat smart, get fit with Zumba and get organized.
Stay in the know about library programs, services and more when you sign up to get our monthly Connections newsletter delivered to your home or office for free.