April “Connections” Newsletter
Read about upcoming programs in the April “Connections” Newsletter.
- The Smithsonian is coming to the Newport Branch as part of the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibition: Hometown Teams opens Saturday, April 29 with a special kickoff party and runs through Saturday, June 3. It will depict how sports shaped America and will include a companion exhibit honoring the sports history of Newport featuring photos and memorabilia of such heroes as basketball stars Dave Cowens and Donna LJ Murtphy, jockey Eddie Arcaro and legendary Newport Central Catholic football coach Bob Schneider.
- Easter is April 16, and the Library is in the spirit. See a complete list of all Easter-related egg hunts and other fun events.
- Get on your dancing shoes for Dancing with the Library on Wednesdays at Cold Spring.
- Enjoy a celebration of children, families and reading as El Dia de los Ninos returns to Cold Spring.
- Falcon Takes Flight, a program of Falcon Theatre, presents a recreation of the infamous War of the Worlds radio broadcast to kick off the Arts & Culture Series at Carrico/Fort Thomas.
- The Fort Thomas Police Department will present a 12-hour R.A.D. Systems Women’s Self-Defense class at Newport.
Read about those and other news and events in Connections.