Carla Landon Bio
- Name – Carla Landon
- Board position – Vice President
- Brief educational history & current occupation
- Associate’s in English Literature, Northern Kentucky University
- Marketing and Communications Manager, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Current city– Fort Thomas, Kentucky
- Hometown – Newport, Kentucky
- Why did you want to serve on our board?
I believe that public libraries are key to our communities and I wanted to be able to support the great work they are doing.
- What is your favorite library memory?
Participating in the summer reading program and activities at the old Newport branch on Monmouth Street. I can still remember the smell and see the smiles of the librarians and remember watching plays upstairs.
- What “lesson from mom” do you still live by today?
- If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I love to travel so picking between somewhere I have already been and somewhere new would be a challenge. Edinburgh, Scotland is always on my list. It is one of my all-time favorite places.
- What’s the most unusual thing in your desk drawer?
Usually something from one of my girls. Right now it is a “My Little Pony.”
- Please share a fun fact that people might be surprised to know about you.
I don’t own a microwave.
- What is your all-time favorite book?
“The Sun Also Rises” by Ernest Hemingway